Bachelor of Telecoms and Networking
1. Program Overview
The bachelor of Telecoms and Networking is designed to provide students with a firmly-grounded, practical, and multidisciplinary training with effective learning resources. Students will get well training and targeting to qualify in various international certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCDA, Network Security, and CCNA Service Provider. The program also equips students with workforce readiness skills and builds a foundation for success in Telecoms and Networking related careers within local and international job markets. In each term, students will learn both hard skills (practical skills and technology concepts) and soft skills (communication and problem-solving) with a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforce their learning.
2. Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- Assemble electronic devices, circuits, equipment, and systems.
- Interpret mathematical problems in the Telecommunication Technologies and Service Engineering area.
- Apply programming languages into simulated and remote network systems, distributed services, and applications.
- Design computer network and transmission systems.
- Diagram the computer network system and information in a robust, safe, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage telecoms and computer networks, projects, and work readiness skills.
3. Future Careers
- Network and Infrastructure Engineer
- Technical and Marketing Sale Specialist
- IT Security Specialist
- Telecoms Engineer
- Core Network Engineer, Microwave Engineer, Optical Engineer
- IT Manager, Project Manager
- Network Administrator, System Administrator, etc.
4. Program Structure
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
|– Algorithms and Data Programming I||– Algorithms and Programming II||– Mathematics for Engineering|
|– Linear Algebra||– Introduction to Networks (CCNA1)||– Basic Electronics|
|– Liberal Arts||– Discrete Mathematics||– Switching, Routing, and Wireless
|– IT Essentials||– Soft Skills II||– Object-Oriented Programming|
|– Soft Skills I||– Seminar||– Seminar|
|Term 4||Term 5||Term 6|
|– Digital Electronics and IoT||– Data Communication||– Mobile Telecommunications|
|– Analog & Digital Communication||– Wireless Communication||– Network Security|
|– Enterprise Networking, Security, and
|– System Administration||– Entrepreneurship|
|– Optical Communication||– IoT Project||– Seminar|
|– Seminar||– Seminar|
|Term 7||Term 8||Term 9|
|Internship I||– Cloud Computing||– Intelligent Network|
|– Cryptography & Data Compression||– Research Methodology|
|– ISP Network||– Cyber Ops|
|– Seminar||– Network Design and Implementation|
|Term 10||Term 11|
|– Project Management||Internship II|
|– Ethical Hacking|
|– Core Network|